As an Automotive Painter, you will have the opportunity to work at one of our Inspection Centers while being responsible for blending two-stage base coat, painting, and glossing vehicles for paint during our reconditioning process. The qualifying candidate must love helping people and possess the drive to achieve superior customer satisfaction. They must be goal-oriented, enthusiastic, energetic, and self-motivated, with the ability to interact and communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Blending base coat for a color match for two-stage paint application.
- Correct fish eyes as they appear in the paint.
- Use water-based paint to paint and gloss the vehicle inside our paint booths.
- Complete touch-up, airbrush, headlight, interior, wheel, and/or rim repair.
- Concisely and collaboratively communicate with the Cosmetic team if additional work on a vehicle is needed.
- Follow proper operating rules, procedures, and standardized work initiatives as assigned.
- Work on a variety of vehicle tasks for extended periods of time.
- Partner and provide clear communication with other team members and departments involved in the vehicle reconditioning process
- Maintain a clean and productive work environment by organizing tools and supplies throughout the Cosmetic department.
- Report any safety issues or accidents to management immediately.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position requires at least 1 year of Paint and Body experience and requires someone with an entry-level understanding of vehicle repair while having an interest in continuing their career as an auto body technician. Requirements include:
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively in English.
- Minimum of 1 year of paint and body experience or collision repair education.
- A valid driver's license.
- Ability to physically operate vehicle equipment and tools.
- Strong, consistent attention to detail.
- Moderate understanding of vehicle mechanical repair.
- Ability to read, understand, and follow procedures and guidelines.
- Ability to review, analyze, identify problems, and make decisions.
- Strong communication skills to engage with all departments at the Inspection Center.