The Nail Technician is responsible for providing exceptional customer service while providing professional nail, hand, and foot treatments to guests in a timely, courteous and efficient manner. Helps to coordinate all guest requests for services and maintains impeccable cleanliness of Salon and entire Spa facility.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Exemplifies Salamander Resort and Spa mission statement and 5 Star Standards of Excellence.
• Adheres to all policies and procedures set forth of Salamander Resort and Spa.
• Reports any incident or accident to the Department Lead, Assistant and/or the Director.
• Understands and uses universal precautions when providing services. Assesses contraindications of guest that may prevent service from taking place.
• Maintains the highest level of nail care knowledge for both hands and feet and has complete knowledge of all spa services presently offered.
• Possesses proficiency in standard nail services of nail grooming, polish application, massage, and exfoliation.
• Performs all treatments on services' menu based on current certifications.
• Suggests to guests other beneficial treatments offered in the spa.
• Understands the ingredients in products and can explain their benefits to the guests. Answers guest's questions in a knowledgeable and professional manner.
• Works assigned schedule.
• Ensures that work areas are clean and set according to procedures.
• Informs Spa Director of product needs.
• Creates and maintains client cards with treatment notes, when appropriate.
• Completes all assigned side work.
• Attends all scheduled meetings.
• Attends scheduled professional trainings.
• Completes other duties assigned by the Spa Director.
• Cleans and disinfects all equipment on a daily basis.
• Assists staff with lifting and storing facility equipment, furniture, and products to help maintain facility and prepare for special events.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Must have VA cosmetology license
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Customer service experience, preferably in a spa.
• Good communication skills and Microsoft Office/Computer skills
• Normal work hours: Varied to include nights/weekends and holidays
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk' use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch; talk and hear. The employee must be able to lift and move up to 25 pounds. The employee must be able to see differences in widths and length of lines such as those on graphs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Customer service experience, preferably in a Spa.
• Ability to explain various treatments/services to guests.
• Excellent customer service skills and work ethic.
• Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously.
• Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational.
• Professional manner, discretion, and appearance.
• Excellent verbal and written skills.
• Strong team player.
• Must be comfortable with product recommendation.
• Previous nail technician experience preferred.
• Ability to lift 25 lbs.